R.D.K holdings S.A

How Much Does A Boob Job Cost?

how much does a boob job costBreast augmentation surgery which is otherwise known as a boob job has been the most popular plastic surgery procedure since 2006. Since it is so popular, knowing the cost for a boob job is an important factor to consider when contemplating using surgical means to increase breast size. When asking the question “how much does a boob job cost?”, you need  to take into consideration the following factors before and after the surgical procedure.

The Cost for a Boob Job

The following is the breakdown of how much you will need to spend on average if you are considering a boob job.

The Surgery Cost

The average cost of breast augmentation in 2013 was about $3,700. This represents the average plastic surgeons fee. There will also be additional fees added to this such as hospital fees, the fees for the anesthesiologist, etc.

The average cost also depends on whether you get silicone or saline implants. Silicone implants look more natural which is probably why 72 percent of breast implant procedures in 2013 used silicone with the remaining 28 percent using saline implants compared to the previous year of 62 percent and 38 percent respectively. Saline implants are actually a little cheaper than silicone implants so this is something to consider although when choosing implants you should be more concerned about the final look and feel that you are going for than you would the price.

The average cost for the surgery also does not include the following costs which vary from one place to another and from one plastic surgeon to another and which you should expect will set you back an additional few thousand dollars.

  1. The cost for the hospital facility used by the surgeon for the procedure.
  2. Anesthesia fees as the boob job procedure is usually performed under general anesthesia.
  3. Prescription medications usually for the pain during the recovery period.
  4. Post-surgery garments.
  5. Other miscellaneous costs such as medical tests, etc.

When discussing the boob job costs with the plastic surgeons you are considering, you need to make sure that all possible costs are accounted for so that you have no financial surprises.

If you are given a price estimate for the procedure, you need to ask whether all costs are included in the estimate or whether it is just for the surgery alone.

Post Surgery Garments Needed

1. A post plastic surgery bra is especially important immediately after the augmentation surgery to help with healing, to help create a more rounded shape as well as to handle any other changes in the breasts resulting from the increased size of the breasts.

2. Another way to take care of your breasts after the surgery to avoid shapeless breasts is with a post surgery bra or sports bra that are made with compression fabric to help with recovery and reduce the swelling you shall experience after the boobjob procedure. These usually come with a front zipper to make it easier to take off and put on the bra as well as to prevent too much arm movement which can be painful.

Click here for more on post surgery garments that will help after you have breast augmentation surgery as well as other tools you will need to speed up recovery and help with scar healing.

When contemplating the question “how much does a boob job cost?”, you definitely need to consider all the possible costs and not simply those for the plastic surgery.

increase breast size naturally



No Responses

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *